Do you want to work with us?
Our organization is an equal-opportunity employer excited about hiring enthusiastic individuals who thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic organization. Are you that individual? Here is some information to help you.
Application information Department
We accept applications and resumes for posted positions only. Future openings will be posted as they become available. Please check back at a later date.
All future openings will be posted to the Department of Labor website.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Box Office Department
Under immediate supervision, responsibilities include processing single ticket sales, exchanges and tax credits at the facility’s box office.
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Process single ticket sales at the box office and assist with group sales when requested.
· Answer questions concerning admission fees, fares, schedules, reservations, coming attractions and ticket policies.
· Exchange tickets and process tax credits for box office patrons.
· Balance all applicable transactions for the date of service and complete all necessary reports before departure.
· Open cash and all monies, checks, vouchers, coupons, or credit cards received during daily sales.
· Keep daily balance sheet of cash received and tickets sold in the form of a sales report.
· Maintain a daily audit of all ticketed events.
· Work extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays, as required
Position requires ability to:
· Demonstrate exceptional skills in customer relations, communications and problem solving.
· Calculate mathematical computations and handle financial transactions rapidly and accurately in a fast paced environment.
· Operate computerized ticketing system and standard office equipment.
· Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
· Work independently, exercising judgement and initiative.
· Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
· Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, exhibitors, patrons and others encountered in the course of employment.
· Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
High School diploma or GED and one to three months related experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
One Civic Center Plaza
Huntington, WV 25701
P: 304.696.5990 Ext. 3503
Box Office Hours
The Big Sandy Superstore Arena Box Office summer hours are Monday thru Friday from 10 am to 2 pm and closed on Saturday and Sunday. In the event of a summer show on Saturday or Sunday the box office will be open 4 hours prior to show time.
Get Directions »